Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
Take Home Chef is where I found this wonderful recipe.
- 2 large scallops
- 1 large egg yolk
- 4 ounces shrimp, peeled, deveined and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon shaoxing rice wine (yellow rice wine)
- 2 tablespoons shaoxing rice wine, divided (yellow rice wine)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced & divided
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- cornstarch, for dusting
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 6 cups fish stock or 6 cups chicken stock
- 4 baby bok choy, cut lengthwise into thin strips
- TO MAKE THE WONTONS:.
- Place the scallops in a food processor.
- Blend the scallops into a coarse puree.
- Blend in half of the egg yolk (discard the remaining yolk).
- Transfer the scallop puree to a medium bowl.
- Stir the shrimp, cabbage, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, 1 teaspoon rice wine, 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil, oyster sauce, 1 teaspoon ginger, red pepper flakes,(if using) and garlic into the scallop puree.
- Lightly dust a baking sheet with cornstarch.
- Place one wonton wrapper on a flat surface and place a generous teaspoon of the shrimp mixture in the center of the wonton wrapper.
- Lightly brush the edges of the wonton wrapper with a little water.
- Fold the wrappers in half, pressing the edges to seal and forming a rectangular-shaped dumpling.
- Moisten 2 folded corners with water then bring the corners together and press firmly to adhere.
- Place the wonton on the prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining wrappers and shrimp mixture.
- TO MAKE THE SOUP:.
- Place the stock in a medium pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons rice wine, 1 teaspoon ginger, red pepper flakes(if using) and 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil to the stock.
- Reduce the heat to a rolling simmer and add the seafood won tons.
- Allow to cook for approximately 4 minutes or until the filling is cooked through.
- Add the bok choy to the soup then ladle the soup into 4 serving bowls, dividing the bok choy and won tons evenly, and serve.