Hey Jude's Note:
This is a breeze to cook once you've got all the ingredients ready and it's delicious as well. I found this in the Chicago Tribune but it's originally from "The Simple art of Vietnames Cooking."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 cloves garlic, pounded to a paste
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- 1/2 lb peeled deveined medium shrimp
- 1/2 lb sea scallops
- 1/2 lb flounder or 1/2 lb sole, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup fish sauce (nuoc mam)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 1 large ripe tomato, halved,seeded,diced
- 2 large green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- hot cooked rice
- 1Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat; add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 30 seconds Add the shrimp, scallops and flounder in an even layer and cook, turning once, until just done, about 2 minutes; remove the seafood to a plate.
- 2Return the skillet to the fire; add sugar, fish sauce and chili flakes and boil until slightly reduced, about 2 minutes Stir in tomato and green onions; cook 1 minute.
- 3Gently return seafood with any juices to the pan; cook until heated through, about 30 seconds.
- 4Transfer to a platter, sprinkle with cilantro and serve with rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seafood with ginger, tomatoes and chilies
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.5
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 132.3 mg
- Sodium 1323.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 33.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: