Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you like seafood you must try this at your next dinner party. I have also served this over rice.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 -4 tablespoons curry powder (depending on your taste)
- 4 -6 tablespoons flour (for thickening)
- 3 cups chicken stock (heated)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream (18 %)
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 lb shrimp (cooked)
- 1 lb scallops (cooked)
- 1 lb any other desired seafood (can be left out if desired)
- 6 -8 vol-au-vent cases, cooked
- salt and pepper
- Heat butter in frying pan.
- When hot add onion carrot and celery; cover and cook 3 to 4 minutes over medium heat.
- Mix in curry powder and flour; mix again.
- Cook 1 minute uncovered over medium heat.
- Pour in chicken stock and season well.
- Cook 8 to 10 minutes uncovered over medium heat.
- Add cream and parsley, mix well.
- Continue cooking 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in seafood; simmer 2 to 3 minutes over low heat.
- Fill vo-au-vent shells and serve.
I made this as an Entree for our Australian Seafood Christmas last year - it was absolutley delicious! Will be on the menu again this year!
Definitely a 5 star recipe. I had a lb of scallops, so cut the quantities in half. Poached scallops in 2 cups chicken stock first and then used that stock for the sauce. Served with rice. For the half size recipe, used 1 tbsp curry powder and 2 tbs flour. A big hit. Will use many times I am certain.