Carmen B.'s Note:
This is a good soup to pair with a salad and french bread to make a great lunch or supper. Add other seafood or mix and match your favorites.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 potatoes, peeled & diced
- 1 1/2 cups water or 1 1/2 cups fish stock
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 125 g clams, undrained (I use a canned clams)
- 125 g crab (I use canned)
- 125 g scallops, rinsed very well under cold water
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil or 1/2 teaspoon dill (I use both)
- 1 tablespoon instant chicken bouillon
- salt & pepper
- 1Measure the 1 1/2 c.
- 2water and undrained clam juice in a measuring cup to make 2 cups of liquid.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- 5Add onions and cook for 5 min.
- 6Add carrots, garlic, celery, potatoes, and reserved water/clam juice.
- 7Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer 10 min.
- 8Add mushrooms, corn, and seafood.
- 9Bring to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 5 min.
- 10In a saucepan, melt butter; add flour and whisk to blend and cook 1 min.
- 11Slowly add milk and whisk until well blended.
- 12Cook until thickened, about 5 to 10 min.
- 13Add chicken boullion, salt and pepper, and basil or dill.
- 14Add vegetable mixture with accumulated liquid and seafood.
- 15Stir to blend.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seafood Vegetable Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (654 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 476.6
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 79.3 mg
- Sodium 348.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 25.1 g