Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a good soup to pair with a salad and french bread to make a great lunch or supper. Add other seafood or mix and match your favorites.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 potatoes, peeled & diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups water or 1 1⁄2 cups fish stock
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 125 g clams, undrained (I use a canned clams)
- 125 g crab (I use canned)
- 125 g scallops, rinsed very well under cold water
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon dill (I use both)
- 1 tablespoon instant chicken bouillon
- salt & pepper
- Measure the 1 1/2 c.
- water and undrained clam juice in a measuring cup to make 2 cups of liquid.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook for 5 min.
- Add carrots, garlic, celery, potatoes, and reserved water/clam juice.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer 10 min.
- Add mushrooms, corn, and seafood.
- Bring to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 5 min.
- In a saucepan, melt butter; add flour and whisk to blend and cook 1 min.
- Slowly add milk and whisk until well blended.
- Cook until thickened, about 5 to 10 min.
- Add chicken boullion, salt and pepper, and basil or dill.
- Add vegetable mixture with accumulated liquid and seafood.
- Stir to blend.