Recipe by Charlotte J
Geisha brand products are use in this recipe for the 3 canned items. Cooking time of 5 minutes is a guess.
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained
- 1 (4 1/4 ounce) can baby shrimp, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can anchovies, drained
- 1 (17 1/3 ounce) packagepepperidge farm frozen puff pastry sheets (2 sheets)
- 1 egg
- oil, for frying
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw puff pastry and roll each sheet to a rectangle, 6-by-8-inches.
- Cut each sheet into 6 even squares.
- In a bowl, combine Crab Meat, Tiny Shrimp and Anchovies, with dijon-sytle mustard, worcestershire sauce, cream cheese and garlic powder to a smooth filling.
- Add salt, pepper and chili powder.
- Place one sixth of the filling onto each pastry square.
- Beat egg.
- Brush edges of dough with egg.
- Fold half the dough over to form triangles.
- With a fork, seal edges.
- Fill a fryer or heavy saucepan 2/3 full with oil.
- Heat oil until it reaches 365 degrees to 370 degrees.
- Add turnovers, a few at a time, and fry until they are golden brown, crispy and heated through.
- Turn with slotted spoon while frying.
- Drain on paper towels.