Prep 45 mins
Cook 5 mins
In 'Tacos, Quesadillas & Burritos' by Laura Washburn
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- fresh cilantro, a small bunch, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 26 ounces raw shrimp, shelled
- 2 -4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 -10 corn tortillas, warmed
- sour cream, to serve
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 mango, flesh finely diced
- 3 kiwi fruits, flesh finely diced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 fresh green chile, very finely chopped
- fresh cilantro, a few sprigs, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- To prepare shrimp--combine the lime juice, cilantro, cumin, chili powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Add the shrimp and toss well to coat evenly.
- Cover and set aside until needed.
- To prepare salsa--put the mango, kiwis, onion, chili, cilantro, and lime juice in a small bowl.
- Mix well to combine and set aside until needed.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan set over high heat.
- Add as many shrimp as will fit in a single layer--you may need to work in batches.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until pink and cooked through; season with pepper to taste.
- To serve, put a generous helping of the shrimp in the middle of each tortilla; top with a spoonful of the Mango-Kiwi Salsa and sour cream.
- Serve immediately with extra sour cream and salsa on the side.