Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
These look really yummy! They can be added to or taken from - it is basically very easy. You can add vegetables, mushrooms, onions make them with only shrimp - there are a lot of variations. Found in "The Casual Cook" by Martha Strom, haven't made this as yet - but it sounds great.
- 6 puff pastry shells, thawed and baked according to directions on pkg
- 1⁄2 lb raw scallops
- 1 lb medium shrimp, cook, peel and devein
- 2 cups crabmeat, picked over
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash red pepper
- sherry wine, to taste
- Cook scallops in boiling salted water for 7-10 minutes and drain.
- Melt butter in large sauce pan.
- Add flour, salt and red pepper.
- Blend well.
- Add cream and milk stirring well and cook until thickened.
- Add paprika and worcestershire sauce.
- Blend well, cover and cook 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Add scallops(cut in smaller pieces if large) and shrimp, cook 15 minutes.
- Add crab and cook 10 minutes longer.
- Add Sherry, to taste; try 2 tablespoons to begin with.
- It makes a lot of sauce - so says the recipe.