Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This appetizer is perfect for a large gathering. The amount of shrimp/prawns you need for this recipe all depends on much your budget will allow you!!! You can use regular cocktail sauce or make up your own (there are many recipes at Zaar)
- 250 g cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups seafood cocktail sauce
- 100 -200 g shrimp (or prawns)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- Blend the first 3 ingredients. Mix well. Spread mixture over a large decorative glass dish.
- Top with enough cocktail sauce to cover the dish.
- Chop enough shrimp to scatter around the dish.
- Top with mozzarella cheese, green onions, green pepper and tomatoe.
- Chill for 2 - 3 hours before serving.
- Serve with assorted crackers.
Was just about to post this - my grandmother has made this for years!! She just uses a can of baby shrimp and we eat it with ritz crackers...