Recipe by §u§AnA
This recipe is from a book my grandmother gave me. The front cover is missing so I'm not sure of the name of the book. My family all love this recipe. It's great for dinner on a cold winter's night. I serve it with creamed potatoes and crusty bread.
Top Review by massagenhealth
By Lenora September 24, 2009 Loved it! Great comfort food. I served it on rice but it would also be good with a nice Naan or thick bread to sop it up. My son loves Curry dishes and he gobbled this up with my leftover salmon and basa filet in it. I didn't even put the bread crumbs on it, ate it straight out of the pot. Just had to figure 100g butter was 6-1/2 tbsp and the tomato soup was the canned, or rather the canned worked well for me anyway. It's going in my recipe book today. Thanks so much SuSAnA
- 100 g butter
- 4 tablespoons plain flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 400 ml milk
- 1 (454 g) can canned tuna (I prefer salmon) or 1 (454 g) can canned salmon (I prefer salmon)
- 1⁄4 cup cream or 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup tomato soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan; stir in flour, salt, cayenne, curry, sauces, and then gradually add the milk.
- Stir while bringing to the boil; simmer 3 minutes.
- Add fish, soup and cream.
- Heat through and then pour into a casserole dish.
- Top with breadcrumbs and brown under grill or in the oven.