Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
This recipe takes a long time to prepare so start at least 2-3 hours before planning to eat. It can be expensive to make but every mouthful is worth it. You can use Ricotta Cheese or Cottage Cheese. To save on money I've always used the Cottage Cheese and it taste great.This recipe can be cut in halve.
- 16 jumbo pasta shells, cooked
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, already cooked
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb scallops
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese or 1 (15 ounce) container cottage cheese, works just as good
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained, flaked
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of shrimp soup
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry or 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In large skillet cook shrimp and garlic in hot butter 2-3 minute Remove shrimp from skillet with slotted spoon.
- Cut up any large scallops. Add scallops to skillet. Cook for 2-5 minute or until opaque; remove with slotted spoon.
- Add onion to skillet and cook until tender.
- Finely chop shrimp and scallop; place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add cottage cheese or ricotta cheese, cream cheese, crab meat, pepper, salt and the cooked onion. Mix well.
- Fill pasta shells with seafood mixture. Arrange shells in a greased 3 quart rectangular baking dish.
- Stir together soup, broth and sherry or substitute more broth for sherry; pour over stuffed shells.
- Bake 40-45 minute or until hot.
We loved this. Scallops are pricy so we used more shrimp. My whole family came back for seconds on this one.
These have amazing flavor, but found them a bit sloppy. I will try to add an egg to hold them together better