Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Everyone wants this recipe! These can be prepared the night before and baked when needed. A restaurant quality appetizer!
- 40 medium mushroom caps (stems removed)
- 1⁄3 cup light cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, kraft
- 1 green onion, sliced thin
- 1 can crabmeat, drained
- 1 can baby shrimp, drained
- 1⁄2 cup light cheddar cheese, finely grated
- extra parmesan cheese, for sprinkling
- Wipe mushroom caps with a damp cloth to remove any dirt.
- Set aside.
- In a saucepan on low heat combine and stir with a wire whisk: flour, cream cheese, milk, garlic, salt, nutmeg, pepper and heat gently until cream cheese is no longer lumpy.
- Stir in mayonnaise, lemon juice, parmesan cheese and green onion.
- Remove from heat and fold in crab meat and shrimp gently with a rubber spatula.
- Cover and allow to cool completely before stuffing the mushrooms.
- Stuff each mushroom cap with filling.
- Place in a 9 x 13 inch greased baking dish and sprinkle with cheddar cheese and extra Parmesan cheese.
- At this point you can cover the dish with plastic wrap and store in the fridge overnight if you want to prepare them ahead.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes.
These were Awesome and on the definite make again list. When my husband and I first met we used to stop at a little local pub for a date... These are the Stuffed Mushroom Caps they served there. I've been trying to replicate this recipe for some time... Thank You so much for posting, it was like date night all over again... but this time with kids, and they even enjoyed them.... with Garlic Toast ;)
These were a big hit at a family Christmas dinner. Don't wait to take your picture like I did! I will add a few spices next time to liven them up a little, but there definitely will be a next time.
S good and so easy, the kids helped me cook perfect recipe for getting the kids in the kitchen. Love it love it love it. It was a big hit w/ everyone.