Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
These taste a lot like the ones you can get at Joe's Crab Shack. My sister found this recipe online and made them for me because she knew the were my favorite. You can also use this stuffing for large shrimp.
- 40 large mushroom caps
- 1 (24 ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 6 celery ribs, diced
- 2 large onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 lb pollock
- 1⁄2 lb small baby shrimp, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb crabmeat
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups croutons
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs, any flavor
- Saute celery, onion and garlic in margarine or butter until they start to soften.
- Add pollock and cook for about 8 minutes.
- Add Shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes, then drain all but about 2-3 tbs of liquid from the pan.
- Stir in bouillon granules, cayenne pepper and black pepper, croutons and bread crumbs.
- Fold in crab meat and cook for 1-2 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Place mushroom caps in a shallow baking dish, gill side up. Place 1 tbs warm stuffing mix in each cap.
- Pour alfredo sauce over mushrooms and then sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Place mushrooms under broiler for 8 minutes or until brown on top.
I have looked forever for a recipe for joe's stuffed mushroom!!! I don't have time to try it today, but for sure I'll try it this week. A friend and I have tried unsuccessfully to duplicate the sauce many times. I have a feeling that this one might just do the trick. I'll let you know when I have a chance to make them.Thanks, Bo Peep