Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Crab, shrimp and cream cheese filling in mushroom caps. I have not tried these as I do not like seafood but guests gobbled them up. These can be made the night before and refrigerated which makes it easy to prepare for a party or to take to the office. In the original recipe, this was a cold appetizer - I put 1/2 of them in the oven at 400°F for 15-20 minutes and the hot ones went as fast as the cold ones so I guess it is just a matter of personal preference as to whether you like cold mushrooms or not. I had a little of the cheese mixture left over and spread it on crackers - heard that was yummy as well. I found this recipe on a different site and it was submitted by "Sydney Lara". Prep time includes 1 hour refrigeration.
- 2 lbs fresh mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb crabmeat (imitation ok)
- 1⁄4 lb small shrimp (canned ok)
- 2 (1 ounce) packages green onion dip mix (I used Spring Onion dip mix)
- 1 dash garlic powder or 1 minced garlic clove
- parmesan cheese
- Combine the cream cheese, green onions, crab, shrimp, dip mix, salt and pepper and garlic powder in a medium bowl.
- Chill mixture for approx 1 hour.
- Wipe mushroom caps clean.
- Spoon mixture into clean caps.
- As I mentioned in the description, you can also bake this at 400°F for 15-20 minutes if you do not like cold mushrooms.
- If baking, place the stuffed mushrooms in a 9x13 baking dish and sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese prior to putting in the oven.
- You can also chop and add some of the mushroom stems to the stuffing if desired.