Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe I make quite often for guests. They say they are the best stuffed mushrooms they have ever had. Sauteing the mushrooms to start is helpful because the moisture from the mushrooms doesn't make the filling too soggy and soupy.
- 24 medium white mushrooms, stems removed
- 14.79 ml butter
- 0.25 ml white wine
- 170.09 g softened cream cheese
- 29.58 ml mayonnaise
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 4.92 ml chopped garlic
- 4.92 ml dill
- 0.25 ml fresh lemon juice
- cooked shrimp
- Saute the mushroom caps in 1 tbsp butter and splash of wine till softened slightly and water has leached from the mushrooms.
- Puree rest of ingredients in food processor till well blended.
- Pipe the mixture into caps.
- Heat in the oven till done.
- About 15 minutes at 350.
- Sprinkle with parmessan and parsley if desired.
Wonderful appetizer and so easy to make! I followed your instruction exactly using a Chardonnay. I am so glad I found this recipe. Thank you for sharing this, arabannie!!
These were awesome. Didn't puree as said. Added an extra clove of garlic and forgot the slash of wine. Oops. Will remember next time. Didn't specify how big te mushrooms should be; had leftover filling; use lrg. Over all, a really great keeper.
Just looking at this combo of ingredients looks like it should be draw dropping excellent, but we weren't that impressed with them. The filling was too loose for our tastes and possibly cream cheese overpowering. It could have been that I used canned crab too. Made for Recipes Without Photos tag.