Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
From the cookbook, "Cookin' New Orleans Style" (1993). The recipe is credited to Leon Galatoire from Galatoire's.
- 1 medium eggplant, halved lengthwise
- 14 medium shrimp, boiled
- 4 ounces crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped
- parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Bake eggplant in a pan with water at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Make the cream sauce by blending the flour into the butter and gradually adding milk. Let cool.
- Scoop out eggplant pulp, leaving shell intact for stuffing.
- Saute chopped pulp, scallion, parsley, shrimp and crabmeat together.
- Add the cream sauce and cook together until heated through.
- Stuff eggplant shells with mixture and sprinkle with bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until tops are brown.
I found this to be very dry, I will have to experiment with a substitute for the suggested cream sauce.