Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is easy comfort food. All you need is a green salad. I have used cheddar and Swiss cheese in this. I am having to guess at the measurements. Edited to add that after posting this recipe, I decided to make it for an easy supper before the fire. Of course I could not find the shrimp and crab in the freezer so I substituted smoked salmon. Wow! it was good. I made 2 cups white sauce, used colby/jack cheese, fresh dill and was out of mushrooms. My husband wanted to know when we could have it again.
- For the herbs, use thyme, dill, or any mix of your favorites.
- Bake potatoes and make the white sauce.
- Add wine, cheese and herbs.
- Simmer until cheese melts.
- Add shrimp, crab and mushrooms, heating until hot.
- Spoon over hot baked potatoes, adding more grated cheese if desired.