1 hr 10 mins
This is great as a light dinner or as an appetizer. You can serve hot or room temperature. If you refrigerate after baking, the phyllo tends to get soft and mushy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb phyllo dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces crabmeat (or combo of both, I used canned) or 8 ounces shrimp (or combo of both, I used canned)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1Separate phyllo sheets; lay one on work surface, keeping remaining sheets covered with damp towel.
- 2Brush with butter.
- 3Combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, mustard and 1/2 cup Swiss cheese.
- 4Sprinkle 1 to 2 Tbsp of this mixture on buttered sheet of phyllo.
- 5Repeat layers until all 12 sheets are stacked.
- 6Combine remaining Swiss cheese, sour cream, seafood and parsley. Spoon mixture along one long side of the stacked sheets of phyllo.
- 7Roll up, enclosing the seafood mixture, tuck ends inches (Roll will be the length of the phyllo.).
- 8Place on baking sheets, brush with additional butter.
- 9Bake at 375F for 40-45 minutes until golden.
- 10Serve hot or cooled to room temperature.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seafood Strudel
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 698.0
- Calories from Fat 413
- Total Fat 45.8 g
- Saturated Fat 27.1 g
- Cholesterol 134.1 mg
- Sodium 1182.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 27.6 g