Phil Franco's Note:
*****************Courtesy of: CookiesfromItaly.com****************** Serve over pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 2 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes in puree
- 2 1/2 cups bottled clam juice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 (6 ounce) cans chopped clams, drained, liquid reserved
- 1 lb uncooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- cayenne pepper
- 1Heat olive oil in heavy large pot over medium heat.
- 2Add onion, garlic, oregano and fennel seeds and saute until onion is tender, about 8 minutes.
- 3Add tomatoes, clam juice, white wine and liquid reserved from clams.
- 4Increase heat and boil until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes.
- 5Add clams, shrimp and crabmeat. Reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes.
- 6Mix in fresh basil and simmer until shrimp are just opaque in center, about 2 minutes longer.
- 7Season stew to taste with cayenne, salt and pepper. Makes 4 servings.
- 8That's it!
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seafood Stew With Tomatoes and Basil
Serving Size: 1 (524 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 423.9
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 223.7 mg
- Sodium 899.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 43.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
crushed tomatoes in puree