Recipe by Sonya01
i liked the look of this seafood stew so i thought i would post it here so i didn't lose the recipe
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron thread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves
- 3 (400 g) cans Italian tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup fish stock (or water)
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 2 large potatoes, cut into 2cm cubes (desiree)
- 500 g boneless white fish, thick cut into 3cm pieces
- 12 mussels, cleaned, beards removed
- 12 prawns, peeled (green)
- thyme, to serve (extra)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place saffron threads into a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon hot water. Allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large, 8cm deep frying pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring, or until tender.
- Add paprika and thyme. Stir until well combined.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until aromatic.
- Add tomatoes, stock, lemon rind, 1/3 cup lemon juice, saffron mixture and potatoes to frying pan. Stir until well combined.
- Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until potatoes are just tender when tested with a skewer.
- Add fish, mussels and prawns to frying pan. Cover.
- Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until seafood is cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into large bowls. Top with thyme.