Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another great recipe from KMG
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium leek, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 fennel bulb, sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 white onion, chopped fine
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 28 ounces stewed tomatoes, pureed
- 12 littleneck clams, cleaned
- 1⁄2 lb white fish fillet, cut into medium-sized pieces (snapper or halibut)
- 12 raw shrimp, peeled and de-vained
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, sliced in thin strips (chiffonade)
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil.
- Add the vegetables and the saffron.
- Cook over medium heat until vegetables are soft and the onions are translucent.
- Add the white wine and reduce until about half. Add the clams, fish, shrimp and mussels and simmer until the clams open up and the fish is cook through.
- Turn off heat and add lemon juice.
- Divide seafood into four bowls and add broth.
- Garnish with basil. Serve with crusty fresh bread.