Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Hearty, chunky, and loaded with seafood. Perfect cold weather eats. Must be served with a chunk of crusty bread.
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 (28 ounce) cans whole tomatoes, undrained and lightly pureed in food processor
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lb scallops or 1 lb white fleshed fish filets, cut into bite size pieces (can use 1/2 lb. each)
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh clams, in shells well scrubbed
- In a large Dutch oven over medium heat, let the butter melt.
- Add in the onions and garlic; stir/saute for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add in the flour; stir until bubbly.
- Add in tomatoes, broth, wine, seasonings, and parsley; simmer 5 minutes.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 400° oven for 30 minutes.
- Add in scallops/fish, and bake, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add in clams and shrimp and bake, covered, for about 10 more minutes or until clams open up and shrimp turns pink.
- Discard any clams that do no open up.
- Ladle into soup bowls.