Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Country of origin: Kiribati. Crabmeat and prawns in a mayonnaise sauce. fairtradecookbook.org.uk
- 1⁄2 lb cooked crab meat
- 1⁄2 lb cooked prawns
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 3 lemons
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- crisp lettuce leaf
- Juice one lemon.
- Slice celery and green onions thinly.
- Mix crabmeat, prawns, celery, green onions, mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- Chill for 1 hour or more in the refridgerator before assembling the dish.
- To assemble dish:.
- Slice the other two lemons and the 4 hard boil eggs into quarters.
- Place crisp lettuce leaves on 4 plates, make a ring of the the quarter eggs, place fish mixture in center and garnish with lemon quarters.
Loved this! I had leftover crab legs and shrimp from the night before and used this to make a great starter. It was gone in less than 5 minutes. I did sprinkle some paprika on the top for color. Made for ZWT7.
This was a very nice starter. I added a little sweet paprika, mostly for color. We enjoyed this as the second course of a seafood meal, and while everyone enjoyed it, I did get a couple of comments about using a little less mayonnaise next time. I have to agree, but I think that's just personal taste- the crab and shrimp we get here in Seattle is so sweet and fresh, it doesn't need much added to it. That said, I liked the hint of lemon in the sauce, it made it taste much lighter. I'd definitely make this again. Made for ZWT7- Emerald City Shakers