Prep 15 mins
Cook 33 mins
This is a quick easy version of paella. Minimum preparations and all cooked in one pan. Very hearty and tasty.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and sliced
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch saffron
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 400 g diced tomatoes
- 300 g seafood (Mussels, prawns, calamari, salmon, fish pieces etc)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- lemon wedge
- Heat oil in pan over medium heat.
- Add chorizo, onion and garlic.
- Cook for 2 minutes then add rice, capsicum, paprika and saffron, cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in stock and tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and stir well.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat to low simmer , cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and stir in seafood and cook for further 10 minutes until marinara cooked.
- Remove from heat and stand for further 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with lemon wedge.