Prep 8 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Make and share this Seafood Shooter recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 bay leaf, plus
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppercorn, plus
- 3 sprigs parsley, tied into cheesecloth bag
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 lbs cooked weight seafood, such as shrimp, octopus, squid, crab, lobster or clams
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and pureed (about 3 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup avocado, diced
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 2 serrano chili peppers, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups tequila, premium
- Combine the onion, celery, bay leaf, peperorns, parsley, lemon, water, wine and salt in a saucepan. Bring to boil.
- Add the seafood of choice and cook accordingly. (For shrimp, cook until the shrimp turn pink, 2 to 3 minutes, peel and devein.
- For octopus, lower the heat and simmer for 35 to 40 minutes, or until tender. For cleaned squid, cook for just 1 minute or it will toughen.
- For crab or lobster, cook until the shells turn red, about 12 to 15 minutes, pick meat out and discard shells.
- For clams, cook until the shells open, about 5 minutes, save the meat and discard the shells.).
- Remove the seafood from the broth and let cool then dice seafood and set aside.
- Add the three cups pureed tomatoes (or you may used canned tomato juice) to the broth and simmer 30 minutes or until reduced by half. Strain the broth, pressing down on the solids to extract all the liquid. Discard the solids. (you should end up with about 2 cups of tomato broth). Cool completely. Pour the tomato broth into a glass pitcher. Stir in the diced seafood, avocado, tomato, red onion, cucumber, lime juice, serano chilies, olive oil and cilantro.
- Place in refrigerator covered with plastic wrap until well chilled. Fill several shot glasses half to 2/3 full with seafood mix. Pour tequila into each shot glass. Serve.