1/3 Photos of Seafood Salad Martini With Vodka Habanero Dressing
This was included in a Baltimore Sunpapers restaurant review several years ago, with professional-sized quantities, DH called the chef, and he kindly broke it down to more manageable proportions. All together, it is quite expensive, but a BIG hit at a "gourmet" dinner party. I found fairly inexpensive large martini glasses at Marshall's and Pier 1, heavy glass with a blue rim. A tad labor-intensive, but worth it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 whole fresh habanero pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and cubed
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1/8 cup dry mustard
- 2 1/2 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 1/8 cup cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons vodka, unflavored
- 2 1/2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon catsup
- 3 lbs fresh seafood, of choice (steamed or cooked)
- 8 slices celery, julienned
- 8 lemon twists
- 1/2 lb lump crabmeat
- 1Combine all ingredients EXCEPT seafood, and lemon and celery garnish, in a large saucepan, bring to boil and simmer for 1 hour.
- 2NOTE: Combination of shrimp,scallops, mussels, and or lobster, to equal 3 pounds.
- 3Puree in blender or food processor: taste and adjust seasonings.
- 4NOTE: Habenero and Scotch Bonnet chilies are among the hottest available. Jalapeño is milder, if preferred. Use gloves to handle raw.
- 5Cool dressing for 1 hour before serving.
- 6To assemble: In a beautiful martini glass. Layer seafood and dressing to top of glass.
- 7Any left over sauce may be saved and frozen.
- 8Chill at least 2 hours before serving.
- 9Garnish with celery and lemon twists.
- 10Top with 1 ounce of crab meat per serving.
Browse Our Top Lobster Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lobster Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seafood Salad Martini With Vodka Habanero Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.4
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 21.5 mg
- Sodium 478.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: