Recipe by Leslie in Texas
These elegant sandwiches would be great for a shower, reception, or luncheon. Serve on mini-croissants or slice a regular croissant in half if using as part of a buffet. You may want to add a leaf of butter or Boston lettuce to these sandwiches and you can substitute 3 to 6-inch pieces of French bread, buttered and lightly toasted, for the croissants.From an August 1988 issue of Bon Appetit in the "Cooking for Friends" section.
- 1 3⁄4 lbs chopped cooked lobster meat (or any combination) or 1 3⁄4 lbs crabmeat (or any combination) or 1 3⁄4 lbs shrimp (or any combination)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fennel or 1⁄2 cup celery
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup diced red onion
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 croissants, split, buttered and lightly toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine seafood, fennel and bell pepper in large bowl.
- Combine sour cream and next 5 ingredients in small bowl; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add sour cream mixture to saefood and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Fill croissants just before serving.