Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an awesome and delicious appetizer for a last minute preparation/invitation for a party or picnic. Or make ahead for your pre-planned gathering. Chill until served.
- 3⁄4 lb seafood or 3⁄4 lb crab, salad (already prepared at your local deli/seafood counter)
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- seafood cocktail sauce
- cracker, assortment
- Mix cream cheese and seafood salad.
- On a dinner sized plate, mold mixture into a ring, leaving room on outside of ring for crackers.
- Pour cocktail sauce in the middle of ring.
- Chill until served.
- Arrange cracker assortment around plate, outside of salad ring.
I was in charge of appetizers at a recent pot luck, this is one of the ones I made, used home-made seafood sauce and served in mini phyllo tart shells, they were gobbled right up! Thanks for a great recipe, it's a keeper for sure!
This was a great appy for some drop in guests. My proportions were a bit off due to ingredients on hand, but the result was still tasty. I didn't quite have 3/4 of a pound of ready-made crab salad in the fridge, but mixed in some quickly defrosted salad shrimp with the cream cheese. I also used Bev's Quick and Easy Shrimp Cocktail Sauce (Bev's Quick and Easy Shrimp Cocktail Sauce). My guests were impressed that I could whip up such a delicious snack for our cocktails with no notice. I am glad that I had popped this into my cookbook long ago and kept the idea in mind.