Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Mixed seafood with veggies
- 1 (8 ounce) can imitation crabmeat (check label, look for shortest ingredient list and no MSG. If you find this, the 'imitation' is good)
- 1 (4 ounce) can albacore tuna (white albacore makes this recipe 'cause of its dry light texture)
- 1 (6 ounce) bagfrozen baby shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup tiny frozen peas
- 1⁄4 cup slivered water chestnut
- 1⁄4 cup minced, fresh celery
- 2 teaspoons fresh, grated onions (, , more if you like onion)
- 1 teaspoon McCormick's salt-free all-purpose seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon tarragon (crushed in palm of your hand)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- Shred imitation crab by hand.
- Drain tuna (if needed).
- Partially thaw shrimp& peas in strainer under cold water.
- Toss all ingredients together.
- If you have time refrigerate for a few hours, if not just make sure the shrimp& peas have had time to thaw.
- Add more veggies to make it more of a veggie salad.
- Looks nice served with dark greens, and sliced red peppers.
Making this for Christmas Eve dinner, so far it is good. I have it in the fridge to cool and marry the flavors. I omitted the tuna and added more crab and shrimp. Also no water chestnut. Everything else was perfect! Just with some fresh lemon juice. Plan on serving in Endive leaves. Should be a hit.