Recipe by Bokenpop aka Madeleine
This salad is perfect for entertaining since it is made a day ahead of serving - a befitting meal after a glorious summer day out on the bay!
- 20 fresh mussels
- 200 g squid rings
- 400 g monkfish
- 10 large shrimp
- 3⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup mange-tout peas
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup water chestnut, diced
- 16 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 16 green olives
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons wine vinegar
- 2 ml Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Poach mussels, squid, monkfish and shrimp separately for 1-2 minutes each in the wine, lemon juice and water.
- Leave aside to cool.
- Devein and shell shrimp.
- Toss seafood with all salad ingredients.
- Blend all ingredients well and pour over salad.
- Cover and refridgerate overnight.