Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From 1001 Low Fat Recipes
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced onions
- 2 tablespoons finely minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1 1⁄2-2 quarts chicken stock
- 1 3⁄4 lbs crabmeat or 1 3⁄4 lbs scallops or 1 3⁄4 lbs shrimp
- 2 -3 cups chopped Italian plum tomatoes
- 6 canned artichoke hearts, quartered
- 3 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 basil leaves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- Sauté onion and garlic in oil. Stir in rice and cook, stirring, 2-3 minutes.
- Heat chicken broth to just boiling. Reduce heat and keep warm.
- Add broth to rice, ½ cup at a time, stirring constantly until broth is absorbed before adding the next ½ cup.
- Continue until the rice is al dente and creamy in texture, 20-25 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except salt and pepper, cook, stirring until seafood is cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.