This is based on a recipe in the Omaha paper from an Irish priest (See, we Irish can cook!) I changed it to suit my tastes better - obviously, the types of seafood you use is easily altered to fit your tastes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups stock
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leeks, sliced thin
- 5 cloves garlic
- 12 ounces white wine (Riesling or Gewurztraminer work well)
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 20 ounces arborio rice
- 1/2 lemon, zest and juice of
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme
- 6 ounces clam juice
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1/2 lb scallops
- 1/2 lb calamari (uncooked and not breaded)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1Heat stock to simmering.
- 2Heat oil in large pot.
- 3Add leeks, garlic, and 2 ounces wine.
- 4Cook, continuously stirring, until leeks soften.
- 5Add anchovies and stir until they dissolve (Even though most people don't eat anchovies, trust me- they deepen the flavor considerably without making the risotto taste like anchovies).
- 6Add rice, lemon zest, and juice; stir to coat rice with the leek mixture.
- 7Add just enough stock to cover rice and reduce heat to maintain a simmer.
- 8Cook uncovered, stirring constantly.
- 9Continue to add wine, stock, or clam juice to keep the rice just covered (don't add more than 1/2 bottle of clam juice, however; it will overpower the other flavors).
- 10After about 10 minutes, add the thyme (the rice should be about half cooked).
- 11Cook the rice until it is al dente.
- 12When rice is done, add shrimp, scallops, and calamari and cover with rice.
- 13After a few minutes, stir in the butter.
- 14Risotto should be soft and creamy; if it is sticky, add stock or wine.
- 15Remove to a serving dish.
- 16Serve with crusty bread and Parmesan to taste.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seafood risotto
Serving Size: 1 (383 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 667.9
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 168.9 mg
- Sodium 393.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 31.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: