Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is mums recipe, I just made it the other night as my first ever risotto. Use more or less shellfish - we love more
- 2 pints vegetable stock (made up-kept warm or hot)
- 100 g butter, approx
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (add another if you like)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed (minced garlic will be fine)
- 500 g fish (prawns, calamari, mussels etc)
- spring onion (optional)
- white wine
- 225 g arborio rice
- prepare stock and keep warm/hot.
- melt butter in big fry pan and add onions and garlic and cook about 5minutes.
- add rice and stir continuously over a high heat for 2 minutes to allow grains to soften and then return to medium heat.
- start to add the stock a ladle at a time, allow rice to absorb all stock before adding more, add some white wine.
- keep doing this until all stock is used up, about 20-30 minutes.
- add the seafood and cook about a further 3 minutes until heated through.
- serve with chopped spring onions if desired.