Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
feast on a wonderful mix of rice and seafood topped with cheese.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 slices back bacon
- 1⁄2 cup canned mushroom, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cooked rice
- salt and pepper
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 6 tiger shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 100 g white fish fillets, sliced 1-cm thick (use sea bream, threadfin or snapper)
- 6 mussels, washed and bearded
- 1 cup cream, sauce
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese or 1 cup parmesan cheese
- preheat oven to 180'c. heat 2 tbsps olive oil in a pan over medium fire. stir-fry onion then add bacon and mushrooms.
- add cooked rice and continue to mix well for about 1 minute stir in salt, pepper and parsley. transfer mixture to a plate.
- using same pan, heat remaining olive oil. fry the seafood for 2 to 3 minutes. season with salt and pepper. set aside.
- spoon rice and seafood into gratin dishes. spoon sauce over. sprinkle with cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes.