Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this in the weekly specials flyer from Thrifty Foods.
- 4 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 125 g havarti cheese, grated
- 120 g crabmeat, well drained
- 5 ounces skinless salmon fillet, cut into small cubes
- 100 g shrimp
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cream, dill, salt and pepper.
- Cover the bottom of the pie shell with 1/2 of the cheese.
- Cover the cheese with the salmon, shrimp and crab. (in any order).
- Sprinkle with the green onions and red pepper.
- Pour in all of the egg mixture.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, or until eggs are set.
- Let the quiche rest for 5-10 mins before serving.
- Note: Havarti is easier to grate if you pop it into the freezer for a few minutes.
- Black pepper is okay to use if you don't mind tiny black specks.
- I usually pre-bake the pie shell, but you don't have to. Personal preference.