Recipe by threeovens
From a newspaper clipping.
Top Review by Patrick K.
I have made this twice, both times with great success. I used 4 eggs and 1.5 cups of heavy cream. Also, if you have a large potato ricer, that is the best way to squeeze all the liquid out of the spinach. I used a premade deep dish crust, and you must poor very very slowly and let the liquid sink in, but it will all fit (4 eggs, 1.5 cups) if you are patient. 15 mins at 350 then 55 mins at 300 worked well for me.
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded (about 4 oz)
- 9 inches pie crusts, unbaked
- 1⁄2 cup lump crabmeat (about 5 oz)
- 10 ounces spinach, chopped frozen, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1⁄2 cup small shrimp, peeled (about 4 oz)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place half the cheese in the unbaked pie shell. Layer with crabmeat, spinach, and shrimp. Top with remaining cheese.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl, lightly. Beat in remaining ingredients; pour over seafood and cheese.
- Bake about 15 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 300. Bake another 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into wedges and serving.