Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A light fluffy seafood quiche that's a delight at any pot luck or served as a main dish for a holiday brunch. Provided by my good friend, Ezmee!
- 1 (12 ounce) package imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup Bisquick or 1⁄2 cup Jiffy baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Put the crabmeat and onion the bottom of a greased 9 x 1 1/4 inch pie pan.
- Mix together the salt, cheese, Bisquick, milk and eggs.
- Blend well.
- Pour over crabmeat and onion (in the pie pan).
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
DH liked this. I nixed the onion for him, and added some Old Bay seasoning and pepper.
My family loved it. I used gruyére, imitation lobster and added 2 teaspoons of fresh thyme. I grow all of the common herbs under lights in the winter.