Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe a couple of years ago in a magazine (don't remember which one). I adapted it to fit my tastes. We LOVE this chowder at my house!! I hope you will enjoy it too!
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 (28 ounce) candiced potatoes, drained
- 1 (13 1/4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup butter (I use margarine) or 1 cup margarine (I use margarine)
- 1 cup flour
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans clams, do NOT drain
- 1 (4 1/4 ounce) can shrimp, do NOT drain
- 1 (6 ounce) can crab, do NOT drain
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 quart chicken broth or 1 quart stock
- 1 quart half-and-half
- Saute onions in butter or margarine until soft.
- Add potatoes & mushrooms.
- Turn heat to low and add flour. Stir until absorbed.
- Add seafood with juices, chicken broth or stock, and half-and-half.
- Bring up to almost boiling, stirring frequently.
- Do not boil.
- Add lemon pepper and stir.