Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was created to mimic the wonderful seafood pizza we used to enjoy at Pizzeria Uno in Cincinnati Ohio. It's especially easy with a boboli crust but making your own crust may taste better. I recommend using the fake crab rather than canned, but fresh crab would be best. It's rich and delicious. I love to dip it in cocktail sauce. YUMMY!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups peeled cooked shrimp
- 1 cup crabmeat (can be fresh or imitation)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄4 cup romano cheese
- 3 -4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced parsley
- olive oil
- 1 pizza dough (you can make your own or use a Boboli type crust)
- Saute garlic in olive oil for several minutes.
- Add shrimp and crabmeat, mixing well with garlic and olive oil.
- Add parsley.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup mozzarella on pizza crust.
- Place crab/shrimp mixture on crust.
- Cover with remaining cheeses.
- Bake according to your pizza crust directions (typically, bake pizza until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted and bubbling, about 15 minutes).
- Cut and serve with cocktail sauce.
I used boboli thin crust. Used 2 tsp of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter, as I like mine oily like the Uno version. Used the tiny salad shrimp. Omitted parsley and used basil instead. Sprinkled with a spice called Spike and a little Onion Onion and a little Garlic Garlic (both are from Tastefully Simple). Turned out amazing!
I know you asked us to use fake crab rather than canned but I used canned as I couldn't find the fake crab and I really wanted to make a pizza tonight. I had pizza dough left over from Spinach and Ricotta Calzone and I wanted to use it. I was a little worried there wasn't a tomato base on the pizza but when I took the first bite I forgot the reason why I was worried. This is extremely yummy with excellent flavours. Thank you Kimke
First had this pizza at Red Lobster so decided to try it one night as a family dish. We decided to use tomato sauce and garlic alfredo sauce along with the crabmeat, shrimp and cheese. After 12 mins the outcome was one for the book. Even got my 3 yr old to clean his plate! lol