Prep 0 mins
Cook 18 mins
From Bon Appetit and Taste of the World.
- 12 mussels
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 14 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 1 large shallot
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 10 large raw shrimp
- 5 ounces bay scallops
- fresh ground pepper
- 12 inches baked prepared pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon garlic oil
- 3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Mussels: Scrub and debeard.
- Sun dried tomatoes: NOT packed in oil.
- Garlic and shallots: Mince.
- Canned Crushed tomatoes: with puree added.
- Shrimp: Raw. Peel. Devein. Cut in half lengthwise.
- Pizza crust: Boboli or the like.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in heavy skillet over med high heat. Cover. Boil until mussels open, shake pan occasionally. Use tongs and move mussels to work surface. Throw out unopened ones. NO you cannot open them and use them.
- Add crushed tomatoes, lemon peel and dried red pepper to same skillet. Stir over med high heat until sauce is thick.
- Remove mussels from shells and discard shells. Place mussels in small bowl.
- Preheat oven to 450°F Bring sauce to simmer over med high heat.
- Add shrimp and scallops and cook until almost cooked through. About 3 minutes. Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes. Stir in mussels. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place crust on large baking sheet. Brush with garlic oil. Bake until golden brown and crust edges begin to crisp. [10 minutes or so]
- Stir Mozzarella and basil into seafood mix. Spoon over crust. Sprinkle on parmesan.
- Bake until shrimp and scallops are cooked through and mozzarella melt. Transfer to cutting board. Cool 5 minutes. Cut.
YUMMY! This recipe was easy to make and very very tasty. I used a whole wheat Boboli bread. So, not only was the recipe wonderfully flavorful, it is healthy too!