Chef #208121's Note:
From Bon Appetit and Taste of the World.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 mussels
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 14 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 1 large shallot
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 10 large raw shrimp
- 5 ounces bay scallops
- fresh ground pepper
- 12 inches baked prepared pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon garlic oil
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1Mussels: Scrub and debeard.
- 2Sun dried tomatoes: NOT packed in oil.
- 3Garlic and shallots: Mince.
- 4Canned Crushed tomatoes: with puree added.
- 5Shrimp: Raw. Peel. Devein. Cut in half lengthwise.
- 6Pizza crust: Boboli or the like.
- 7Combine first 5 ingredients in heavy skillet over med high heat. Cover. Boil until mussels open, shake pan occasionally. Use tongs and move mussels to work surface. Throw out unopened ones. NO you cannot open them and use them.
- 8Add crushed tomatoes, lemon peel and dried red pepper to same skillet. Stir over med high heat until sauce is thick.
- 9Remove mussels from shells and discard shells. Place mussels in small bowl.
- 10Preheat oven to 450°F Bring sauce to simmer over med high heat.
- 11Add shrimp and scallops and cook until almost cooked through. About 3 minutes. Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes. Stir in mussels. Season with salt and pepper.
- 12Place crust on large baking sheet. Brush with garlic oil. Bake until golden brown and crust edges begin to crisp. [10 minutes or so]
- 13Stir Mozzarella and basil into seafood mix. Spoon over crust. Sprinkle on parmesan.
- 14Bake until shrimp and scallops are cooked through and mozzarella melt. Transfer to cutting board. Cool 5 minutes. Cut.
Browse Our Top Mussels Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seafood Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.9
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 35.3 mg
- Sodium 340.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 11.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
prepared pizza crust