Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is chock full of yummy ingredients! It is actually very easy to put together. Great served with a salad and bread. I have also served as an appetizer, cutting into smaller wedges.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green sweet pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 4 1⁄2 ounces sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat
- 8 ounces shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 oz.)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- bottled hot pepper sauce, to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained (optional)
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells, partially baked (I let bake about 10-15 minutes while I'm preparing the filling)
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter or margarine. Add the green pepper, green onion, celery and mushrooms.
- Cook and stir until the vegetables are tender, but not brown. Remove from heat.
- Coarsely chop the artichoke hearts. Add the artichoke hearts, crabmeat, shriimp, 3/4 cup of the cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, egg and water chestnuts (if using), to the skillet.
- Stir well to combine.
- Transfer the seafood mixture to the partially baked pie shell and bake in the 350 oven for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with almonds and the remaining 1/4 cup cheddar cheese and bake 10 minutes more.
- Let pie stand for 5 minutes before cutting into the wedges.