Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Last week a friend and I had a wonderful lunch in a small restaurant/Lounge called Hedi's Wine- Bistro in Salmon Arm B.C. We started off with baked Camanbert with a whole head of roasted garlic-wonderful. Then we had this entree it was so delicious that I asked the chef for the recipe and he obliged. The measurements are for fresh or defrosted sea food- You may be a bit generous with measurement of the seafood. If the seafood is a bit too saucy you may add a tsp of corn starch shortly before finishing the recipe. I am sure that you will enjoy it!
- 1 cup penne pasta
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups water
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup medium sized prawns
- 1⁄3 cup small scallops or 1⁄3 cup large scallop, cut in half
- 1⁄3 cup crabmeat
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese (reserve 2 tbsp)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Bring the oil & water to a boil, add the pasta and boil for apprs 15 minutes or until it is done to your liking.
- Drain and set aside in a hot water bath (your pasta pot sitting in larger pot filled with hot water).
- Meanwhile put frozen seafood in a strainer and hold it under running water.
- In a medium sized pot melt the 1/2 cup butter.
- add the seafood and let it simmer for apprx 15 minutes.
- Add the wine, Chicken stock and Parmesan cheese.
- Simmer until heated through (do not overcook the seafood).
- Add cornstarch if necessary.
- Place the hot Penne in a deep bowl add the seafood, garnish with parsley & 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese.
This is an absolute winner! Perfect as presented or with a bit of cream.
Absolutely loved this, tastes just like it came from a restuarant, I added a splash of heavy cream and a couple of spoonfuls of tomato puree, to make it a little thicker, but went down a storm in my household!!