Recipe by OSUChrissy
This recipe is from the Great American Favorite Brand Name Cookbook. It was a favorite recipe from the Black-Eyed Pea Jamboree in Athens, Texas. Cooking time is refrigeration time.
Top Review by TheGrumpyChef
This is a fantastic salad! I have been making this salad for years now, and am glad to find it listed on this site. I got this recipe from the first cookbook I ever purchased. It is one of my favorite cookbooks! A must try, I just love the flavor of the dressing!
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup zesty Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups canned black-eyed peas, rinsed (yellow or green)
- 8 ounces corkscrew macaroni, cooked, rinsed & drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped crabmeat (about 8 ounces, you can use imitation crab meat if you wish)
- 1 cup broccoli floret, partially cooked
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion