Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe taken from a recipe card from one of our local grocerie stores. I like making variations of this dish and I will use crabmeat or even leftover cooked salmon. You can also add any kind of your favourite vegetable.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 leek, white part only, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 1⁄2 cups hot milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups table cream
- 1 tablespoon chicken base
- 0.5 (400 g) bagfrozen scallops, thawed
- 1 (200 g) bagcooked nordic shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 6 store-bought patty shells (vol-au-vents cases)
- In a pan, melt butter and cook leek and onion. Sprinkle with flour and cook 1 min, stirring.
- Add white wine and cook until sauce begins to thicken.
- Add hot milk, cream and chicken base and simmer over low heat until sauce thickens.
- Add peas, scallops and shrimp and cook 2 min or until scallops are cooked. Stir in salt, pepper and dill.
- Fill patty shells with seafood sauce.