Recipe by LeahMarie
From The National Examiner, taken from The Heirloom Tomato Cookbook from Mimi Luebbermann. Prep and cooking times are guesstimates.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, Crushed
- 1 1⁄2 lbs plum tomatoes, Peeled, Seeded, and Chopped with Juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lb linguine
- 8 ounces small shrimp
- 8 ounces bay scallops
- 2 teaspoons fresh flat leaf parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons oil with garlic over medium heat.
- Add tomatoes, salt and red pepper flakes and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Boil pasta until al dente and drain.
- In a seperate pan, heat 2 tablespoons oil and add shrimp and scallops.
- Stir frequently about 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp, scallops and parsley to tomato mixture.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Divide pasta among bowls and ladle sauce over.