Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Lil Judes Seafood Saute
- 1 lb alphabet pasta
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into fleurettes
- 10 ounces fresh snow peas, edges trimmed
- 1 lb fresh shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 lb fresh scallops
- 1 (1 lb) package imitation crabmeat (broken into chunks)
- 4 -5 cloves fresh garlic, smashed or minced
- salt and pepper, freshly ground
- to taste parmesan cheese, grated
- Bring a large stockpot of water to a boil; add a teaspoon of salt and teaspoon of oil (to prevent sticking). Place broccoli and snow peas in steamer and steam for approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Heat the frying pan; add 1-tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter, swirl melt the butter. Put the garlic in and saute for 20-30 seconds (do not brown the garlic).
- Add the shrimp and toss, then the scallops, and finally the crab blend. Sauti the seafood for approximately 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- At the same time as the vegetables and the seafood are cooking, toss the capellini pasta into the boiling water and cook according to package directions.
- Drain the capellini and place in large pasta bowl (may add a little melted butter or drizzle of olive oil to toss the pasta with, or omit it if on a fat-restricted diet.)
- Top first with the steamed vegetables and then the sautied seafood. Toss to combine; serve in individual pasta bowls topped with some parmesan cheese.
- Serve with hot Italian bread and salad or antipasto. Serves 4 full to bursting.