Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I reworked Sage's Seafood Pasta Sauce to fit the packages of scallops and shrimp I can buy, and to cut down on the liquid in the recipe. The original recipe said not to drain clams, but I found the sauce to have too much liquid that way. I use the cornstarch and water, or not, depending on my mood. My very picky son LOVES this sauce. Thanks so much to Sage for the original.
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter
- 12 ounces scallops
- 14 ounces cooked peeled shrimp
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans clams, drained
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons basil
- 2 -3 tablespoons parsley
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (optional)
- 3 tablespoons water (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat sour cream
- Cook onions and garlic in butter and oil.
- Add scallops, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add next 9 ingredients, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- If you want to thicken the sauce, mix the cornstarch and water. Add to the sauce, and stir and cook until thickened.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the sour cream.
- Serve over cooked linguini.