- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) box macaroni & cheese dinner mix
- 10 frozen shrimp (defrosted with shells removed)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) canchunky-style New England clam chowder
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can tuna (drained)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with sauce
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 4 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- freshly snipped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pasta according to instructions.
- About 5 minutes prior to being cooked, add shrimp.
- When pasta is al dente, strain and return to large pot.
- Simmer on low heat and thoroughly stir in packaged cheese, clam chowder, onion, tuna, tomatoes, pesto, garlic, turmeric, cayenne, pepper, tomato paste, soy sauce, milk, and almonds.
- Continue simmering for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve in individual bowls topped with parsley.
- ****Herb bread topped with fish roe makes a unique and tasty accompaniment.