Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
From 9/22/04 Post-Dispatch - favorite at 1860's Hardshell Cafe and Bar
- 6 ounces penne (about 3 cups cooked) or 6 ounces other pastas (about 3 cups cooked)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream (40 percent)
- 6 ounces cooked small shrimp or 6 ounces crabmeat
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese or 3⁄4 cup asiago cheese
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic, salt and pepper; saute until garlic softens. Do not let garlic brown. Add sherry; cook 2 to 3 minutes. Add broccoli and cream; bring to boil, stirring often, then cook about 2 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta and seafood to the skillet. Stirring often, bring the mixture back to boil, to heat the pasta and seafood through. Turn off heat and add cheese; toss well until thick and creamy. Sprinkle each serving with chopped fresh parsley.