Recipe by ellie_
I thought this sounded great and will be trying it soon. If you don't like some of the seafood (or can not get it) just add a bit more of the other seafood listed. Recipe source: local newspaper
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is just delicious, if you like extreme flavor, this is a must-try!...I just used shrimp and some smoked sausage to make this salad as that is all I had. Also I omitted the wine vinegar, increased the garlic and added in some dryed chili flakes for even more heat! this is an easy dish with tons of flavor, I will make this again for sure, thanks Ellie!...Kitten:)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 green onions, white and green parts chopped
- 1⁄4 lb smoked sausage, cut into thin slices
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 jalapeno chiles, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, crushed
- 1 (8 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp
- 1⁄2 lb scallops
- 1⁄2 lb squid, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 piece sole fillet, cut into bite size pieces (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 lb pappardelle pasta (or wide egg noodles)
- 12 kalamata olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon sage, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large dutch oven over medium high heat heat oil and then add onions, sausage, garlic and chile. Cook for about 4-6 minutes, stirring often or until vegetables are soft.
- Add tomatoes, roasted pepper, vinegar, salt and pepper and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Add seafood (shrimp - sole) to pot and cook for 5-8 minutes or until seafood is done. Set aside.
- While sauce is cooking prepare pasta according to package directions, drain but reserve one cup of cooking liquid.
- Stir olives, capers and sage into the sauce. Toss pasta with sauce adding the reserved pasta water.