Recipe by Annacia
A tasty recipe using shrimp in a creamy filling wrapped in crepes. from: aussiecooking.com
- 500 g small shrimp
- 1 small onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 3 shallots
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
- 60 g cheddar cheese, grated (or any cheese you would like)
- 6 crepe pancakes (made ahead or purchased)
Directions See How It's Made
- Shell prawns and remove the back vein, wash and pat dry.
- Peel and grate onion.
- Melt butter , add onion and fry until tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in flour.
- Return to heat and cook for a few minutes.
- Remove from heat and slowly stir in water and cream.
- Return to heat and stir until the sauce boils and thickens.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Chop shallots and add to the sauce with the prawns. Mix well and season.
- Spoon into the center of each pancake and roll up.
- Place on a greased baking tray.
- Combine parsley, cheese and breadcrumbs and sprinkle over pancakes.
- Bake in a hot oven for 5 minutes or until heated through.